Sunday, June 12, 2005

Rain, rain go away.....

I think the weather pattern in the Mo./Kan. area have been and will be as follows: Windy, rain, tornados, lots of tornado and severe storm warnings, followed by intermittent periods of extreme sunshine and warm temperature.

I smoked a cigar last night and got sick,and I thought that I could handle it. I felt nauseated and got just a wee bit smarter about it. I don't usually smoke, but every once in a while, I do smoke a little. If you gave me a pack of cigarettes, it'll still be mostly unsmoked for months.

The GF got a phone call this morning from her mom, and it seems like the custody issue of the nephew has taken on a nasty turn, depending on how it goes, the grandparents might have to sue for the kid's custody. The nephew is the cutest kid and has all sorts of potentials, and we love to take him out to the parks and just to play/interact with him whenever we could. It's such a pity that his folks are going through such hard time. I don't think the GF's too happy about it either.

Got a call from my old roomie from Iraq, she moved to the Southern portion of these United States, and she came to the KC area for her last army reserves drill. She asked if we wanted to get together for lunch before she goes back to her new abode, I agreed, a bit reluctantly, for obvious reasons, but I thought that it would be nice to see her for maybe once more, before both of our lives move on to way different paths. The lunch was alright, we've chit chatted about some past events, some present ones, and some things in-between. I've got to say that I really envy how she remembers things differently and how she also uses that to her advantage. To each his/her own, I guess, and we all try to do what we can to get by.

Things are not cool today between the GF and I, maybe that's why I felt that hint of bitterness towards the old roommate. I hope that things would get better,or maybe the GF is right, I'm not capable of doing anything right, I'm just crawling along in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's more me crawling along than you. Times like this are what committment's about I guess.

B the PQ