Monday, June 13, 2005

A few things.....

Things between the GF and I are better, thanks for those of you who might have been concerned. She and I both go through these periods of dark moods, sometimes at the same time and other times, not so much.

That's part of the art of being with someone, you try to live with and accomodate with each other's nasty habits and personality faults. She is really worried for the nephew and the rest of her family, and rightfully so.

I need to explain a bit further, about why I felt the way that I felt about my roomie from Iraq. I realized that I was being kind of vague. Let me divulge one detail in the conversation. She (the old roomie) had mentioned that she had received some kind of explicit (I am presuming sexually) e-amil from some guy from her unit. She commented on how inappropriate it was (which I don't happen to disagree with.), and that heat/war environment just makes people get crazy in the head. She was talking as if she didn't experience it herself. Not to say that I was being angelic while I was over there, but I didn't exactly try to change or convince myself that the history was different. Overall, I asked myself "who is this person sitting in front of me?" Maybe I really never knew her at all, that's certainly a possibility.

This made me think of that song "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne, part of the lyrics goes like this....


"Tell me


Why do you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're
Acting like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
Life's like this, you
And you fall and you crawl
And you break and you take
What you get and you turn it into
Honesty Promise me I'm never gonna find you fake it...."

In other news, it seems like the folks at "Hollywood Reporter" are reporting on how Mr. Tom Cruise has lost the PR war. The link is here:

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=peopleNews&storyID=8765884

Looks like I'm not the only one who felt this way about Mr. Cruise.

No comments: