Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Woke up today to this rush of tummy trouble, I guess the roasted chicken that I had yesterday was not such a good idea at the end. I was finally able to go online and chat with the GF, and with the aid of a borrowed webcam, I also got to see her and the pets! It was good to see that they're all good and running around, being themselves.

I went back to sleep after our chat, and slept for like 2 hours or so. Lately, I just feel so sleepy all the time. Not having a lot to do here helps a lot. Yes, there are all these places that I can goto in Japan, but some places that I wanted to go take a lot of yens that I don't have and if I do get to a place that I really liked, I might risk missing Japan a bit.

There are so many things that I've got to do after I come back to the States, not counting looking for another job, or filing for unemployment for a while, and also fussing with military stuff, part of it being getting this experience out of my way.

There was this festival called the "Bon Odori" festival that was held right outside of the barracks that I live in. There really was nothing overtly Japanese about it, rather, a chance for local and contracted vendors to sell their stuff. I found out that the Japanese people LOVES American pizza (there were a lot of locals who were granted access to this post.), Budweiser beer, and hot dogs, boy do they like them! It rained really hard during part of the festival, it rained so much that I thought that a typhoon was blowing by!

Two highlights of yesterday were that I won this digital camera at this drawing, and it was one of those $300+ models of digital cameras too! (Now I've just got to figure out how to take it back with me, without having it shattered to pieces, thanks, terrorit assholes!) The other highlight was that I got to talk to some of the pilots and the crew chiefs who fly one of the Blackhawk helicopters on display there, even took some photos of parts of myself in the cockpit...I wanted to stay away from these goofily posed tourist photos! Of course I asked about about their nightmarish moments in flight, and whether or not some of these urban myths that I've heard about helicopter decapitations were true...c'mon, I can't resist!

Next week, more mailing out stuff back home, and getting myself ready to get outta here! I've got to clean the room, and give it back to the powers that be cleaner than when I first came in, how fair is that!

I miss everyone from home!

No comments: