Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Friends!

I called up Beth and John, a couple who is local that we met online from blogging. The girlfriend got to know Beth first. They are, to me, quite an interesting couple even if they don't care to admit it. John is a retired army officer, and Beth works in the info. management field, they met and married about 7 years ago and share stepkids, and a lifetime of varied experiences.

So when I found out that I was going to work at Leavenworth for a while, I contacted them for pointers and advice on what to expect from life there. They've been very friendly, and made me feel at ease already from the first greeting on the phone!

I am looking forward to finally meeting them face to face, we are going to Outback Steakhouse! (Real food!) The internet is truly great, because without it, I would have never even found out about them!

The girlfriend will be flying up here next week, and she's looking forward to meeting them too. I'm so glad that I'm not totally alone up here!

No comments: