Saturday, March 03, 2007

Update


It's the beginning of March and there might be a major change in my work and residence coming up.

As you all probably already knew, the GF and I haven't exactly had the best time ever in this part of the world. While we're grateful that at least the bills are paid, the work and the surrounding and the people could be a little bit more on the exciting side.

After that horrible time that I've had with that remote supervisor of mine, she unceremoniously dropped both me and another analyst off of her project. After that, I thought that was pretty much it, and it was pretty much a time to talk how to get out of the company at a minimum loss to either side. To my surprise, my manager suggested that he would try to find me an assignment in the D.C. area, and then he proceeded to market me with some of the people that he knew down there. Of course, I didn't really put a lot of weight on that possibility.

About two to three weeks later, my manager told me to talk to some of the people in D.C. so they can get to know me and I can get to know who they are and what they're trying to do. The GF and I did just that this past Wednesday. Interesting people in D.C., and it also seems like that the pace of operation is much faster there than in this office in J-town.....I might like that better.

I might hear something more definite by next week, and I'll let you know the outcome!

Hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Sean Dustman said...

I'll be in DC in May for the Milblog converence:) DC is great fun!