Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Obit

Ackeret, Debra A.
Age 42 years, of Sierra Vista, AZ, formerly of Milwaukee. Sun., Nov. 26, 2006. Loving daughter of Curtis and the late Noreen (nee Wick). Dear sister of Craig, Brent (Bonnie), Lance (Susan), Kim (Raymond) Gregory, Michael, Scott and Daniel. Aunt of Shane, Alexis, April, Leah and Jacob. Dear friend of Laura Ellis. Further survived by aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives and friends. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Sat., Dec. 2, 2006 at 11 AM at St. Boniface Catholic Church, W204 N11940 Goldendale Rd., Germantown. Interment church cemetery. Visitation Sat. at the church from 9 AM until time of Mass at 11 AM. Debra served 16 years in the US Army as a warrant officer and served 2 terms in Iraq.


Chief Warrant Officer Debra A Ackeret was deployed with me when I went to Iraq. I found out about her passing via suicide from another friend who was deployed with me. Most of us have since lost touch with each other away from our deployment. Chief Ackeret and I were not great friends, but nevertheless, her passing was quite sad.

May she rest in peace and have finally found resolution to whatever that was troubling her so much.

1 comment:

JuanTheRanger said...

I knew Debra in Iraq and she was a great girl. I'm really saddened to hear of her suicide. May she rest in peace