Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday night geekdom

Like the geek that I am, I am watching the C-Span coverage of the Chinese president's visit to the U.S. I saw the footage where a woman reporter/protester was shouting at the Chinese president, then taken away by secret service agents. Poor gal, just when she thought that there was freedom of expression, she got the experience the effect firsthand. I heard that she's still sitting in secret service detention as of right now.

The GF is working a late shift tonight, to be able to pay our slightly higher bill (new motorcycle fees, credit card bills, and of course, the money for snacks.). I really appreciate her trying so hard!

I am going to goto Japan for three months, working as a linguist, I hopefully will be able to make a little more $ than I am now, so that we'll be closer to being debt-free, and get ready for kids.

Speaking of kids, one of my supervisors brought his 11 week old grandson to work for a while. We were taking turns feeding and burping the baby. When I held that baby, it was almost like second nature! The baby settled with me pretty well, drank his formula with gusto and gave me a deep belch! I've always been good with kids and babies, but hesitated because of past uncertainties and worries about $. As I approach my mid-30's, I think this is the best time to either: a. conceive b. adopt, or c. do the Angelina Jolie thing. (buy the babies!)

Found out recently that I've got osteoarthritis, and had it for a long time, just didn't know it. I was kind of bummed about it, but not extremely, now I just feel ordinary, complete with common aches and pains.

As if blogging couldn't get any lighter, over the next few weeks, I will not be able to blog much. I need the time to see my folks, walk the dog some more, pet my cats, spend time with the GF, her family, and my family. I will be sure to update to y'all my journey in Japan though!

With some anticipation, excitement, knots in the stomach, I'll be off to the Orient!

No comments: