Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bored

I can't pretend anymore to tolerate life in the Midwest. I'm not trying to convince those who already like the place not to like it anymore. The semi-rural, small military post with nothing in it, and a city that is desperately trying to be what other cities were like 10 years ago (the yuppie wanna-be's and all), are not for me.

We've got very little as far as arts and entertainments are concerned, and I suppose that if I was a bit more of a bookworm, this place would probably be a better fit for me. I see a lot of what life could be like after one retires, after one gets fed up with all the stimulations of life. I don't think that's quite where I am at yet.

I'm bored, and have no sex drive whatsoever. My dog's favorite past time has become laying on the floor, and if I ever do retire, I pray to God that we'll never come back here....Amen!

No comments: