Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Texas workforce commission sucks ass!

I had decided to take some time off after my lovely vacation in Iraq, so I filed for unemployment insurance. Took the neccessary steps to get registered with Texas Workforce Commission, and ever since then, I've been dealt by them with a completly unhelpful attitude.

They needed a copy of my certificate of discharge from active duty, so I made copies and gave it to them, while assured by some unnamed representative that they will be making the effort to contact the army also to get the paperwork starteed. Imagine my suprise when I heard that they wanted another version of my discharge paper that was not given to me. How many different forms are there for the same information? When asked whether or not they've been trying to contact the army, the oh so friendly representative said "Where did you hear that from? I've never heard of such a thing?" Translation "Oh, we are just hired to discourage you from getting what you already worked for, our condecending attitude pays us our salaries!"

So, when I go back to Austin tomorrow from my folks', I am going to march to my reserve unit and ask how do I get a copy of the discharge paper that I don't have, and then, I am going to the website of my state rep. and write them a nice little letter of complaint. If I had learn one thing from dealing with the fine leadership that I was given in Iraq, it's that life to too short to take unneccessary bullshit from others, and sometimes, it just takes going up the chain until you get an answer......because everyone has a boss above them, even the president!

Aside from that, life has been just peachy today. I got my car fixed today and hopefully it'll take me for another 100,000 miles, got some Chinese groceries to take back home with me, watched some World Series baseball, and got lectured by my grandma about the virtues of being married with kids. (I get that every single time I go home, by the way, I was raised by my grandparents, my parents, to this day, has a hard time accepting the fact that they actually had us. My younger sister and I would go through years without talking to either my mom or dad, and vise versa.)

I love kids, but I am very fearful of ending up like my parents. I am aware that, I am so much like my father that it's scary! In terms of personality, some aspect of our looks, even the way we talk sometimes! (I'd say that's pretty amazing, considering that I didn't grow up with him around much.) If I do have kids, I don't want them to feel ambivalent about me, and not talk with each other for years on end. I will not expect them to take care of us when we get old, but it'll be a nice suprise if they do decide to do so. My girlfriend thinks that I am very fertile and wants me to have a kid by sometimes next year....geesh...in many ways, I already feel like I am walking on a high-wire!

More about my family later, I think all families are unique in terms of their own particular dysfunctions, you just can't have one without the other.

However, in closing, I am going to re-iterate "Texas Workforce Commission sucks ass!"





1 comment:

Roy said...

your write make feel comfortable almost by the time it take to read it
Roy Minones
royalpathways.com