Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a....


Boy! The GF and I had gone to the radiologist late last week for my second trimester ultrasound exam. It'll probably be the last ultrasound that we'll take before the baby's born, unless the obstetrician finds something that he/she is suspicious about or if the images were not clear enough.
This picture is a shot of my baby's wiener, taken from below his buttocks, and the column like structure to the left of him is my spine, the bright white line in the middle is his thigh bone.

I had no inkling whatsoever of what gender the baby is, but the GF had, about two nights before the ultrasound, she couldn't sleep in the middle of the night and thought that the baby could be a boy, and she was right!
During the exam, the baby was just chilling down in my belly and even peed when the technician was checking his kidneys! They usually check for baby's size, brain size, belly size, heart and its valves (to see if they're all there and working), and kidneys. We know his bladder works because she said he was peeing while she was checking it.

Sorry that we couldn't really capture the face much, his arms were crossed and his fists were covering his face. We do have two profile pics but they didn't scan well.

He has been moving more now, on and off from when I wake up until I fall asleep! He kicks especially harder when I'm hungry. I probably would have done the same exact thing if I were him! I try to eat different types of food so that he'll hopefully one day not become a fussy eater.
We're really excited to finally know the baby's gender! Everything seemed to be going right on schedule so far! The baby now just has to grow and be delivered safely when it's time!

No comments: