Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy July 4th. everyone! I hope most of y'all are able to watch some fireworks from your backyard, local parks, etc....and that there were lots of bbqs going on also!

The GF and I are going to an instructional kayaking trip tomorrow, and so we've kept it low key today. It's not exactly like we knew people who are having bbqs, that sort of comes with not knowing many people or having many friends here. The boob tube has been tuned to Turner Classic Movies channel most of today.

I am about to embark on my second annual training with my reserve unit, and I really hope that it'll be my last as an army reservist. This past year has been difficult for me, personal stuff aside, I also have realized that I lack the patience to cut through politics and red tape. Working for this unit feels like a whole bunch of people just got together and have been running around in circles without any purpose or reason. More on that saga as events warrant.

One of the things that I've also realized lately is that I'll need to find someone professional to talk about dealing with grief, loss, and just to make some more sense out of it all. I'd go from feeling numb and empty to really sad...and I never know when I'd feel either way. Not a very good for paving a way for a new life to make his/her debut into this world!

But most of all, happy 4th.!

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

How was the kayaking? We've talked about wanting to do that, until we realized they make you roll the kayak, which scares the crap out of us.

Anonymous said...

Since Nerdstar's all busy packing and such...

This was just river kayaking - ie, very calm waters. No rolling involved. There are also classes for whitewater and sea kayaking, I don't think we'll be taking one of those.