Sunday, January 07, 2007

And the search still goes on......

For a better place to work and live, that is.

The GF will start her first day of work tomorrow, it wasn't really what she wanted. Even though it's in her line of work (phlebotomy), but it's a temp job and she has some ways to commute and that is a bit of a concern because we don't know what the weather would be like from this point on. So far, we've had "unseasonably" warm weather, but we don't know if this is going to last.

I'm still at this job, and it's okay but I'm beginning to feel that this is really not the place for me to stay at. I'm stuck working for a very type A boss who is not really into product integrity, and on top of that, not only am I required to work my job duties, but I'm also supposed to market the company and bring in more workers like myself. It really wasn't what was told to me when I initially interviewed with them. I'm not a marketer, I don't know the first thing about it. In a normal business scheme of things, there should be money allocated for us to perform tasks like that. For now, I'm going to try to grin and bear it, but I'm thinking this is just not me and I am trying to see if I can get us out of here by the end of the year. My sister said that maybe I'm just not cut out for a regular permenant job, and maybe she's right, but what is the point of staying around this feeling of distaste?

It has been a fairly quiet weekend, and even though it's kind of boring but at least it's predicatable, and there's a degree of comfort in that.

No comments: