Saturday, March 25, 2006

I turned 34 today

Looking forward to menopause, gray hair (which I already have), and brittle bones!

Woke up with the GF around mid-morning, showered and headed straight to Barry Road (the "hip" strip mall place in the North Kansas City area. Had a big breakfast, then window shopped all day at the bookstore, sporting goods store, funiiture store, and fianlly at best buy/circuit city. We almost got a set of iPod speakers but couldn't test the sound qualities of some of the speaker models at the store because, get this, they were broken!

Ended the day with dinner at this Japanese hibachi-styled steakhouse, and the dinner was good.

Now we are settled down back home, I walked the dog, at last, the day is over.

I'm really happy that this birthday passed quietly, and I'm even more glad not to have spent this birthday alone. My GF is the cake, the icing, and the cherry on top! Her birthday is coming up in two days, but we are going to go ahead and celebrate it tomorrow! Maybe we'll go and play some of her beloved poker game, or whatever she wanted. I'm just glad to spend time with them (GF and the pets).!

1 comment:

Sean Dustman said...

Old lady alert! Hah, just kidding, you're only 8 months older them me, just wanted to stop by and say so long, I'm off on my next Iraqi adventure. Happy birthday!