Monday, January 16, 2006

The new work outs

A friend of mine from work, who is now striving towards a career with the FBI and has also gotten to know the GF and I pretty well, has started a sort of physical training alliance with me. She wanted to make sure that she will be as physically fit as she can be before she goes into training, which can be any time from now, and I wanted to make sure that I can pass the army standard fitness test if I have to take it soon.

The decision about whether or not I should reenlist is still up in the air, supposed I can leave all this military stuff behind, but our savings account is just not where I'd like for it to be right now. I can only hold out for a miracle or a sign from God for like two weeks more, you know?

Back to the workout, we're going to do cardio three times a week, and some weights on days that we're not doing cardio. Today is the first day of the workout and we had to brave high winds and low air temperature, so running one mile felt like one and a half.

I just hope that I'm not going to be slowing my friend down, she's a lot more fit than I am. We'll see how it goes.

If you are reading this, my friend, I wanted to say that you and your hubby have been a pleasant suprise to both me and my GF in this semi-stimulating place called the Midwest. Good friends are hard to find!

No comments: