Monday, November 28, 2005

On the last day/night of thanksgiving break

The GF and I were talking about $ the other morning and it seems like we'll be pretty low until we both get paid again. Thank God that we are not "broke" yet, we still have our savings and worse comes to worst, I can always sign my happy ass for another 6 years of active duty service, to which I've heard that the sign-up bonus is something like 15 G's.

Most of the time, I just wish that neither of us will have to worry about $ matters. Not to worry about bills, you know. I know that's the dream of a lot of people. At least we are alive and healthy,plus our immediate families are all around and well. The in-law's and nephew were here with us for two days, and I'll have some photos up later, there are nothing like a cute 4 year old boy snuggling up to you and telling you that you're his best bud!

The dog could have looked a bit more excited with the nephew being there, but maybe he's getting a hint of the winter blues.

Thanksgiving at my friends' house was great! We were there from 4 in the afternoon to two the next morning! Chowing and chatting about everything under the sun. I really enjoyed that sort of social interaction, and maybe one day we'll get lucky and have more people to enjoy that kind of social interaction with. No heavy drinking, good foods, and exchange of conversations.

I am excited for the GF as she gets ready to take her phlebotomy classes and see if she likes this new endeavour. I hope she'll like it.

No comments: